DEVONsphere Express makes your Mac smarter. Be more productive by letting DEVONsphere Express keep track of related emails, articles on the same subject, or similar Web pages. Discover the hidden connection between seemingly unrelated files.
- Find other items related to what you're working on
- Search like with Spotlight on steroids
- Context-aware, always focuses on what you do
- Runs as a menu extra, always available
This release improves compatibility with macOS Mojave. It addresses some visual artifacts, as well as some incorrect autocompletion in the search field. General improvements include improved indexing of ePUB, Tinderbox, and textclipping files. The developer has re-enabled the use of 32-bit Spotlight importers for file formats like those from Microsoft Office, and added or enhanced some much needed VoiceOver support. DEVONsphere Express generates thumbnails now via new servers as the previous thumbnail service is shutting down.
- Indexing of EPUB books, Tinderbox files, and textclippings.
- Support for file formats having no 64-bit Spotlight importer, like Microsoft Office files.
- Preferences > Locations now displays the number of indexed items for added folders.
- VoiceOver support including Preferences > Locations, interface buttons, and the VoiceOver shortcut ⇧⌃⌥M in menus and context menus.
- DEVONthink documents opened in external apps now show related documents as long as DEVONthink is running.
- DEVONsphere Express uses a new service for generating web site thumbnails as as Thumbshots will shut down November 15, 2018.
- Overall reliability, including greater compatibility with macOS Mojave.
- Some visual artifacts in the search field (macOS Mojave).
- An issue where search terms would autocomplete incorrectly (macOS Mojave).
- An issue where dragging search results to other apps would switch to Related mode.
- An issue where the incorrect icon size was used when toggling icon previews.
- An issue with automatically updating to the latest version.
- A rare crash caused by memory management.